He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Friday, October 8, 2010

people look at me funny

people look at me funny when I tell them what he has and what we are going through. Like i should just sit around and cry all day. i have my moments and monday night lost my mind (thanks janelle for taking that call)
but what I learned from that night is it didnt take it away. the cancer is still there. it isnt production and I have three kids too. why drag them down? why would I spend my time googling horrible news when I can spend that time praying and researching how I can help my kids understand. research case studies that worked. Look at diets that might help him feel better and less nausea? sitting around crying and being down isnt going to help this.
I will have my days and nights I am sure in the future where I am just done with it. and there are going to be days that i just sit my kids in front of the tv b.c i dont have the energy for anything else. but right now we are positive that we are not going to take the answers from the google search or the stats from the gloomy docs. this 6 months crap just isn't going to work. we have the resou rces to make this better. we have family and we have a billion friends praying. I need him more than God does and I have told God that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Michelle, you are truly an inspiration for not only Craig, but all of us! A positive attitude can really take you far. We love you!

KLB said...

Oh yeah, stay off Google.
You all can do this. And you are right, the moments and days will come when you get down and that is fine. You get down and feel down and then you get right back up again and keep going. That is how it works. You fight like hell! I have info on groups at Gilda's Club and a book for the girls if you want it. No hurt feelings if you don't, it is if/when you guys are ready.
Love you all!
As always...praying!

MIndy Hutchins said...

Prayers coming from Bowling Green. You are such a strength for Craig and your girls, but know that lots of people have your back too. Please let us know if you need ANYTHING! We could bring the girls up for a distraction, bring food or help in any other way. Will you be setting up a place for people to help support you financially? Nothing is bigger than our God and He will bring you through this. When you feel alone, know He is with you.

Matt and Amanda Keller said...

Michelle,
I am reading all of this, and praising God for your amazing faith. If you need anything, I do mean anything, you have to call us. Dinner??? I can just drop it off on the porch.

Amanda & Matt