He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good Weekend

I'm happy to say to say it was a very long weekend but it's the better 2 days I've had in a few weeks. I learned that a strict and stepped up regimen of pain medication has allowed to be more full of life and not in as much pain. Some of the pain I've been I have been having my abdomen has really slowed me down lately but I was able to get out and about this weekend and actually enjoy the time. I was worried about having to send the family to the UK game last night without me. We also planned on leaving at halftime of the game because I assumed that's as far as we would be able to make it but we ended up staying the whole game. The game ended up being one to remember as Steve Spurrier falls to 17-1 against the Cats. Today was a good day as we formally "dedicated" Hannah at church as we, our family and friends and the congregation promised to raise her to know Jesus. Hannah has been such a blessing and such a good baby and we are excited to see what life has in store for her. We got to spend the day with much of the family and close friends. I am extremely grateful for how much support we continue to receive and it was a great pleasure to spend some quality time together. We feel extremely lucky and blessed and I can't say enough about that.
Tomorrow brings a big day as we have another doctor's appointment at 11 to see how my bilyrubin levels are doing. I have felt so much better this weekend that I am optimistic those levels are going to be a lot less. It will be hard to get us down to the 1.5 we need right now but I've got to be on my way. The temporary plan is for me to start chemotherapy on Thursday along with the clinical trial. If I'm not at the 1.5 tomorrow, I believe I should still have a few days to get my bilyrubin down. While they want to start me on Thursday, it is possible I could have until next Tuesday to get started if permission is granted by the clinical study. There will be about 5-6 other patients a different centers across the country that will start the clinical study on Thursday so it a very formalized process and study. I'll try and explain a little more later once we know I will definitely be a part of the study. I am optimistic about my appointment tomorrow but it will tell us a lot. Michelle thought I was a little crazy today when I told her I was looking forward to chemo. My attitude can change very quickly but I want to get this started and I want to start beating this. I want to get to feeling better without relying on pain meds and be a fully contributing member of this family. I want to be the dad I've been which means rolling on the floor and tickling the girls until they can't take it. I want to go on walks with my wife and I want to be able to keep up. I've got a lot to look forward to right now and I'm ready to get this ball rolling. I'm still keeping my prayers in check and I know God is in charge so I'll roll with whatever comes. I'll certainly take advantage of anything positive He sends my direction though.

No comments: