He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Thursday, October 7, 2010

and we are back in the room

I am probably updating this too much but it is just easier. we are back from the port placement surgery. everything went well. God provided a wonderful ray of sunshine in post-op. Her name is Kim and her brother had the same cancer as craig will probably be diagnosised with later today. He is 15 (!!!!!) years out and doing awesome. She was saying dont let them give you a timeline. there are so many things out there they are doing. She also gave us a book about a cancer diet that might help. i am sure some docs would say it is a load of bull but you know what we are going to do EVERYTHING. If make some crazy juices in the morning might help, bring on the crazy juice! she was also saying keep making your family plans and stay up beat. that is what we are going to do. If you are reading this then you are a friend or a family member. that is your task TO STAY UPBEAT!!  And doom and gloom will be left at the door.

Dear God,
Thank you for Kim. jsut at the right time after a hard night. You are soooo in control!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Please continue with the updates, Michelle. We are praying SO hard right now.

Cheryl said...

Please feel free to call me, I am happy to get any information or help that I can, I have access to a lot of resources down here, but check us out http://www.mdanderson.org/ and if you all decide to come down here for an opinion, it should go without saying I'll get you at the airport, you all can stay at my house, borrow my car or better still I'll take you and navigate the massive maze that is our hospital...
and I want to ditto Kim's statement. The stats mean nothing, hold on to your faith and together you fight back as hard as you can. You all can do this, and we've got your back. I'm praying for all of you,
Cheryl