He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Thursday, October 21, 2010

God's good timing

http://www.access.tv/sermon/you-anxiety-/

God's good timing. If I would have listened to this sermon BEFORE I posted the 3.9 blog post maybe it wouldn't have been so panicked. The email came through about 15 minutes before the bloodwork came back. I thought it was God's timing b/c of the absolute crappy night we had last night so I waited to listen to it. But it was b/c we can't put our faith in billirubin counts.

Couple Sundays ago I was down, really down. I questioned why THIS cancer. You know cancer is bad enough why one of the hardest to beat? We would have praised Him through another kind of cancer, why this one? Here is the answer I got: "without a shadow of a doubt it will be through God good grace this WILL be taken care of." WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT IT WILL BE GOD.

I have learned that cancer will kick you square in the face when you are down. You will be hopeful one minute just waiting on things to happen and it hits you hard. One little criticism, and it hits and then it kicks you when you are down. But God doesn't, He is there. He is the rock that we have to put our faith in, not the counts.

thanks Lindsey for the sermon.
and thanks God for your timing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, Craig, and family - I don't have scripture to share or any words that are any more uplifting or helpful than any one else's. I do though have more thoughts and prayers that I can quietly send your way and I know every bit counts. I have been thinking of you all and following your journey since the DG alum let us know. I am saddened for your pain, but hopeful for your future. LITB - Beth Kennedy