He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Thursday, January 27, 2011

"I just don't know how you are doing it"

When people say this to me, it makes me laugh. Like I have a choice. Is there another option?
B/c if there is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETER PAUL AND MARY tell what Option B is!

Honestly, how I am doing "it" is with a GREAT BIG GOD and a little bit of Zoloft. I kind of say that jokingly but really it is the truth of the matter.

Today I decided to take a sanity day to the most insane place in the world, the office. If you are friends with a media buyer do not talk to them when they are three days out and not on-air. It can get ugly. So I stuck myself in the middle of the madness. It was awesome. Normal stress. Normal chaos. Let's get to it. Let's get it done, crank it out and eat lunch late b/c we can't look up we are so busy. Yeah! Agency life. Okay so I admit it, I checked out of cancer island for a day. Whatever.

It was good for Craig and I to take a break from each other.

I went to my group at SECC tonight, Overcoming Adversity. It is a good place to vent and share. Sounds corny and what you might think would be awkward situation but really it hasn't been. We start with a scripture and it sets the tone that whatever is said is offered up to God. And God can handle any conversation, any situation, any horrible thought. Tonight there was a sweet spunky mother of three facing adversity. I won't share her story b/c it is just that her story but she was definitely handling it with humor. And if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at, right? Prayers for Michelle (can you believe two moms named Michelle in the same group). ;)

No comments: