He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years Eve

It's about 9:30 in the evening and I'm counting down to about 10:15 when I can take my ambien and go to sleep. Michelle has come down with a pretty bad cold and she has been on the couch for an hour now trying to fight what she has with some sleepy cold medicine. I guess it's not the New Year's Eve you dream about but we are all here ready to live a new day and a new year for that matter. I'm ready for what 2011 has to bring us and I'm still optimistic it will be a good year all things considered. I'm watching the South Carolina game right now and I can't help but think of our affectionate vacation spot of Hilton Head. How I would love to get back there with the family this summer and hopefully with some friends again. I don't know what's in store but the beach sounds really nice right now. I still have a lot to be thankful for this past year including the special gift of our baby girl Hannah. She has been a blessing from day one; not another kid to take care of but truly a blessing with free smiles all day long.

I often wonder why I ended up with this crap hand I was given. Sometimes I think it's just a warning to everyone I love and know that life is precious and to take advantage of what life has to offer. If that's the case, it makes it worth it, all things considered to an extent. A lot of people tell me they push themselves because they know they can deal with whatever they are dealing with because of what I'm going through. That's fine and I'm glad and want to push people to stay the course. It actually pushes me because I know a lot of people look towards me to keep fighting. I'm still thankful for the good news the doc gave me just to let me know things were getting better and not worse. I needed that news because I didn't know what was going on inside of me. 3 months is a milestone for this disease and I was worried I'd be in that first group that doesn't make it to far out of the gate. I feel like I have time and can beat this. I'm not worried if this is "the month" anymore. I'm kind of glad I don't have any big tests for a little while so I can ride this momentum and stay positive.

Lastly, my new years resolution is to pray better and more consistently. I have a lot of conversations with God daily but I want to get better. This probably means more consistency when I wake up and when I go to bed. I hope everyone has a great new year however you are spending it. Please know I still appreciate all of the prayers and support from so many of you. God bless.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Wishing you a happy & healthy New Year, Craig! Lots of prayers for you in Columbus, Ohio!!!!

Rick Blair said...

After Mass last night at St. Lawrence, Margy and I joined two other couples at Buckheads in Gardner Lane and had dinner. We routinely vacation with these friends on Hilton Head (Beach and Tennis Resort). The guys play golf - badly - while the wives shop and then wait for us on the beach. Each night of our weeklong stay is given over to eating very good food, which is not so good for us. You know how out of shape I always am.

I told your story to our friends at dinner and they promised prayers, as well. Hang tough buddy, keep up those conversations with God, and remember that for every crap hand there is a handful of Charmin to clean it up.

God Bless