He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

At the Treatment

I'm getting started right now on my treatment and I'm taking in some anti nauseau medicine right now before the poison comes. I'll be hooked up here on the poison for about 4 hours and then they'll hook me up to my take home poison ball that will stay attached to me for 2 days. I've been fighting being positive this time around. That cold I had and fevers knocked me down a few notches and feel like I'm limping a little bit going into this treatment. They took my bloodwork earlier this morning and said everything actually looks good as for as my white blood cell counts and bilirubin are concerned. Not too much to report right now. I'm typing on here before I go into my weekly state of being a zombie. By the time I leave here today, my speech will kind of be humorously slurred pretty bad. That will wear off this evening. The next 2 days hopefully won't be too bad. Friday and Saturday will be my hardest days when I'm in serious fatigue mode. I should mention I hate this cold. At the begining of this I could walk my court and get some fresh air when it was warmer; that made me feel better. Now I'm afraid to be by a door when it opens. This is #4 of 13 treatments so we are underway. The CT scan scheduled for next week can not get here any quicker. I'm still amazed by the amount of people praying for us. I definitely believe in the power of prayer. We'll take them. My prayers often go out to the many that face this. As I'm sitting here, all the rooms are full, people are taking treatments left and right. I'll be signing off of here for about a week and put our lead blogger back in charge. We enjoy spending this time updating you. It's a little theraputic for us sometimes and its usually a one hour committment we take to write a post. I hope everyone gets the finishing touches done on their Christmas shopping. Remember Jesus is the reason for the season. God bless!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Craig,
Keep fighting!! You are in our prayers.

Greg Forst

Rick Blair said...

Craig,

Hang in there as you always do. This makes August two-a-days seem like a walk in the park. I included you in my Courier Journal blog for this week.