He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Thursday, December 16, 2010

take this thorn away

just a quick update. Craig is doing pretty good. He will be so tired tomorrow. I think it is common for cancer patience to have rough day 3s. It seems like the chemo knocks him out for day 3 and most of day 4. Sundays he seems to turn a corner. I really hope he gets to enjoy his down week to the fullest next week. I ran to Barnes and Noble to pick up a book for Emily's gift exchange at school tomorrow. I was looking through some Christan books. There was a book that all about modern day miracles. Wouldn't it be awesome if that CT scan came back Monday completely clear. Unexplainable clear? Oh what a Christmas present that would be. I try not to let my mind get too far. I try to stay realistic but it would be the best present ever. Well maybe second to my engagement ring. No, I think it would top the engagement ring but my diamond would be a close second. Craig and I were engaged on Christmas Eve 2000. I love Christmas Eve. Each year Craig and I exchange our gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve. We did skip over the year I had Emily b/c I was 12 days post C-section but other than that we haven't missed a year. Anyway. It would be an awesome gift if that CT was clear already. I don't expect it to be but it would awesome.
I did pick up a book called living with thorns. It is based off the scripture 2 Cor 12:7-9

There was given to me a thorn in my flesh... to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I really pray He takes this thorn away. I know His grace should be sufficient but I really want my husband too, thorn less that is.

No comments: