He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Monday, December 20, 2010

CT Scan - No News Yet

I know a lot folks are eager to hear about the CT Scan but we don't have any news to share. We have a prescheduled appointment scheduled with Dr. Hamm tomorrow at 10:45 at his downtown office to go over the scan. I went in this morning to do the scan at Norton Brownsboro. I got to (had to) drink about 4 cups of contrast that tastes like lemonade which took me about an hour to almost finish. They then took us back and my scan lasted only about 10 minutes. They rolled me in and out of one of those big circle scan machines you enter lying down that I'm sure costs a few dollars. No one is allowed in the room during the scan. My view on the ceiling was the beach this time which was a little bit better than "space" which is what I stared out last time. The technician was of course not allowed to try and read the scan for us; that's customary. So we will wait until tomorrow and discuss with Dr. Hamm who probably won't even see the scan until shortly before we go in. I'm not sure how to much to read into this scan. We'd love to see nothing but that is doubtful as I still have some off and on abdominal pain. Hopefully we'll see shrinkage of the tumor; that is what I'm praying for. My last CT scan was done October 5th when I was in the hospital so there's no telling what could have happened between then and October 27th which is when I started. To me, its possible it could have grown some and is coming down now with the chemo but the tumor could be bigger now than back then (make sense?). Hope that is not the case but its some possible rationale. Worst news would probably be it has spread more or grown significantly. If everything is going in a positive direction, we'll continue with the same treatment I'm on. If things don't look as good, we'll be staring down other treatment options. Anyhow, we'll let you know what is going on when we get an opportunity. I had a good 10 minute conversation with God this morning during the scan. He has been so good to me and has always comforted me. This whole topic is for another post but I have to ask that if your relationship with him is fairweather or just more asking than praising, then please consider including him more. I'll write on this another day. God bless and we'll be in touch.

No comments: