He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Saturday, December 25, 2010

random thoughts while we wait...

It is 8:32 and I am sitting here waiting for my kids to get up and see what Santa brought them. I am about to bust. Even little Hannah is sleeping in. COME ON get up! Drive this Barbie Jeep around the living room! I had so many insight things that I wanted to put on the blog last night but ran out of steam at 11:00. We had Craig's family over for Christmas Eve as we normally do. It is a standing tradition to celebrate with them the night before. The is a certain level of noise that can't be achieved unless there are cousins around. You know what I mean? There is the normal sibling noise, playing, playing playing, fighting, back to playing. And there is play date noise, chatting, showing, playing. But cousin noise is whole level above and beyond anything you can experience with other playmates. We sent them to the basement last night. I absolutely love to hear it. It bring me back about 20 years. Me and my cousins were so loud when we played too. I think we were sent to the basement as well but it wasn't finished and I think when we were old enough we put on roller skates and made the most of it. But there is something awesome about cousins on Christmas. I am glad they are all the same age (months apart) and they can achieve that famous level of Christmas noise. When Hannah and Abby get in there next year and years to come it will even be better.

So I sit and wait. How long do you think Mary had to wait? I wonder if baby Jesus was a good baby? Did he sleep through the night? Did Mary send people out of the stable when she had to feed him?

Can you believe it snowed! It is so beautiful!!!! We have so much to be thankful for! I am so thankful to have my family and all that God has given us. I am so thankful for all of our friends that have gotten us through the past fall season. And I can't thank you enough for the prayers since October. I really can feel them and I live on them knowing they are there everyday. Cancer is the hardest thing we have been through but with every one's prayers we are making it through. Craig was doing bedtime prayers with Emily the night before last and she said that she was sick of talking about his medicine (chemo). I asked her if it scared her or if she was just tired of talking about it. She said she was just tired of hearing about. Yep, I hear ya but we still have to keep praying. They say when you talk to your kids about cancer they will take the lead from you. So if you show that you are scared they will be scared as well. After she said that we had to focus on Christmas. It was like, enough of this cancer talk let get on to the good stuff, Christmas, Santa, presents, family.

So we are taking our cues from the 5 year old this weekend and enjoy this awesome birthday! Let's get on with it! Bring on the king! Bring Him to our house and let's celebrate His birth!!!

Happy birthday Jesus!!! 

I am giving them 5 more minutes and I am busting in that room! get up already!!! Christmas is HERE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Mindy Hutchins said...

You're better than me! Josie ate at 5:45 and I woke Mae up at 6! I couldn't stand it! :)

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle, just wanted to echo your feelings about all of the "cousin noise" last evening. WOW !! My eardrums are still vibrating ... but it was truely music to my ears,too. It was a wonderful treat for all of us to spend such a great time together..... Aunt Janie

KristenDeSanctis said...

Merry Christmas Craig, Michelle, Emily, Morgan, and Hannah! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve spending time with family. I agree on that noise level last night, shrieking level but oh so happy! :) I hope you all are having a wonderful day together today!

Love you guys!
Kristen, Tom, Aidan, Ashleigh, and Abby