He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Friday, December 2, 2011

Today

Last night was scary. Craig wasn't feeling well and in a different way than before. I was really scared. This morning when I woke up he didn't get up with me to help get the girls off to school. When I returned from all the school drop-offs I called the doctor's office to see if they had insight on what might be going on. We were suppose to go to the cemetery and the funeral home together to do some pre-planning but Craig just wasn't up to it. I went to the 9:30 appointment by myself while Patty (Craig's mom) stayed at home with him and waited for a call back from the doctor's office. After I got back I got antsy. I couldn't take another night of so scary so I went ahead and called the general Hospice of Louisville number, if nothing else to get some information.

Craig was just so fatigued and remained that way throughout the day. He complained of additional pain and a "swirly head" which he couldn't pick up off the pillow. He asked if they could come out today but the earliest appointment was tomorrow at 9:30a. I moved some appointments around and cancelled the funeral home pre-plan appointment until next week. I decided one of these "lovely" appointments is enough for a day. It is too much for this heart to do more than one a day.

Saturday morning I am meeting the girl's art therapist to get together a plan on what to tell the girls, when and how. I broke down on the phone with her today and asked if they were going to be productive  and wonderful people even though they will just have a mom. And she said yes, they have two loving parents and even when they have just have one they know that Craig loved them and it will be a matter of working through their emotions through their loss. So there you go, parenting tip of the day: make sure that your kids know you love them. They spoke volumes to me. I can't change the situation but I can ensure them they are loved (ridiculously loved) and that is a good start to anything, right?

After dinner I went to my facing adversity group at SECC. Craig gained some strength and work on some videos with his mom this evening while I was out. I was shocked to walk in and see him on the couch with the laptop checking Facebook rather than in bed like he had been all day.

I have to say one of the biggest blessing in the past year + is the facing adversity group at SECC. Amazing people working through tough situations, God's way. They prayed around me and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. So wonderful to have that kind of love and peace come over you all at once. They have been an incredible encouragement every step of the way. The good the bad and the ugly. This whole week I have just been craving that group. I have just been saying to myself, I just need to make it Thursday night. It is like the feeling of home. They are just so good to me. So many people even before I updated them on the situation at home they came up to me and said, God woke me up so many times in the past week so that I could pray for you. They have tears in the eyes even before they knew anything. That is God's work. We have seen it so often through this journey. God is so Good.

8 comments:

Kim Reese said...

I got the 11:30 last night word from God and the 5 am wake-up call this morning... a call to prayer. You all are loved by God! so much so that he would ask those who love Him to pray for you and so much so that He died for us. God loves you and so do I.

Shannon said...

Love you and will pray hard today.

Anonymous said...

I am also praying very hard for your family and thinking of you all the time. Each time I read my Bible, I think of all the wisdom you have should through scripture and your journey. Your faith truly amazes and inspires me. ITB, Millinda Rumble Fowles

Dawn Manco Roy said...

Michelle,
I am so moved by your strength and cry as I imagine how it must feel to be in your shoes. I am praying for you and Craig and your beautiful girls.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

We have never met but I know Craigs family. There are millions of books to teach us how to live but nothing as powerful as your and Craigs testimony of living your faith with disease and death. YOu have changed my life and many many others. God has His arms wrapped around all of you.

KentuckyDG17 said...

You and Craig are an amazing inspiration and testimony of what it means to truly love and trust God and allowed Him to have control. I cry with you and Craig. Your girls will grow up to be AMAZING, WONDERFUL, AND BEAUTIFUL women because of the two WONDERFUL and AMAZING parents they have. May you feel nothing but God's strength and love surrounding you and your family.

Nikki Johnson said...

Michelle, know that there are so many people in the world right now praying for you all. Your strength and inspiration make us all hope we have a fraction of the faith you have shown during this journey.

ITB,
Nikki

Andrew Ford said...

Michelle I know its been years since i have seen either of you guys but I check this blog from time to time to see how you guys are doing. I spoke with Donna B several months back in regards to you guys. My family and i will be praying for you on a daily basis and will always be available for anything you may neeed. TYhoughts and prayers go out.