He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I can't say it was a good day...

Nothing out of the ordinary but Christmas chaos for a 6-year old and 4-year-old, on top of a stressed trying to keep everything together wife and a tired but not tired enough to sleep all day husband is a UGLY combination. Kids are Nuts the week before Christmas. I think they might be more sane if they were on crack (insert sarcasms here).  You add that to a mix of emotions and questions that don't have great answers and you have a mess on your hands. Then you have a mom that is trying to keep this train moving and watching for kids who need help you have a mess on your hands. Then you have a husband that feels a little bit better the last two days but not good enough to chase an 18 month old or play a game with the older girls but is not tired enough to sleep... you have yet another mess on your hands. So we were a mess this afternoon and into the evening. Sisters fighting, baby grabbing things that will break, mom trying to scrub the kitchen floor, dad trying to feel like a human, caroling toys going off just when you think you are going to lose it, calls to friends... I think I am going to lose it... hang on, their might be blood-shed from all the sisterly love going on in their bedroom over a cardboard box, screaming "it's NOT fair!", mom chasing screaming little girl, that is not going down in my house sister, baby crying b/c favorite sister gets in trouble, poop b/c of too much fruit consumption at dinner, mean diaper rash.... It was like a calgon commercial. Ugh.

I don't know, I can just say that I am glad that every child in this house is nestled snug in their beds and I can only hope that visions of sugar plums are dancing in their heads...

I hope we have a better day tomorrow.
I hope to post our CHRISTmas card post but this chick has got to simmer down for a bit tonight....

3 comments:

Rick Blair said...

Michelle,

Now you know the reason(s) God made women the mothers. Dad's can't handle the scenes you describe! ...although we try. God Bless

Lavin said...

Praying for you, hope today was a better day! Merry Christmas! Praise to Jesus and happy birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, all I can say is you are AMAZING! Everytime I read your blogs I am more and nore impressed. My heart bleeds so for you, Craig and your children. I really wish I could do something to help. I hope you all have a VERY VERY MERRY Christmas. Karen Triplett (Lou. Oncology)