He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Friday, December 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday and Believe

Michelle:
I haven't done Thankful Thursday in a while and we have had a good week, tough appointments but none the less a good week.
I am thankful that Craig is feeling good and we can spend some time together during the day.
I am thankful for online shopping. It gives us the opportunity to Christmas shop on our couch since Craig is too tired to go out to the stores. We attempted Kohl's yesterday and it was a short trip. So I am so thankful for modern conveniences that help us make life easier.
I am thankful that we caught the mouse that has been living in my car... long story... hilarious story if you want to laugh hysterically like Emily did all the way to school.
I am so thankful Morgan's Christmas program was so cute and she had a great time with friends.
We are so thankful for the prayers and support.
We are so thankful for an amazing church that has made pre-planning so easy. The services that SECC provides is amazing and we are so blessed.

It is hard to write this and be able to express the magnitude of my gratitude. I have been moved to tears twice this past week just thanking God for a place for Craig to go. A place to be out of pain and suffering. I have never felt this level of gratitude in my life. He gave up His son so that we had a model to follow and pave the way to eternity. I have known this all my life being raised in a Christan home and going to Catholic Schools. It has never effected my life in such a big way until now and I feel so thankful for His ultimate sacrifice. So often we take for granite the Christmas and Easter story but when a love one is weeks or months away from getting to take advantage of His promise you realize the full magnitude of His love.

Craig:
This song has been on mind pretty much all day today.  To be fair, this is probably my favorite song and was before my diagnosis.  Just wanted to share this evening.
I can't quote the Book, the chapter or the verse;
you can't tell me, it all ends in a slow ride in a hearse.
You know the more and more I'm convinced the longer that I live,
yeah this can't be, no this can't be, no this can't be all there is.
Lord I raise my hands, bow my head, I'm finding more and more truth in the words written in red.
They tell me that there's more to life than just what I can see, I BELIEVE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9-FQMxO_-Q

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful song and is so very moving, I listened to it this morning after I read your post. You are a very special man Craig. Virginia

Rick Blair said...

Craig,
You know the answer to the last line, because you are a man of faith. I listened to tge song in my classroom Friday morning long before the boys arrived. It is a beautiful song. Then I went to Mas in the chapel and your name was read in the petitions.

God Bless

Roy said...

Dear Michelle and Craig, When I read the writings that you both wrote in this blog, it shows whe enormous love you both have for Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There is no doubt in my mind that Our Lord has touched both of you and the path He has set before you is one that leads to His loving arms and Heaven. Michelle you show so much gratitude over things that most of us would cry out in anger. You two are such dear people, I wish I could have met you both in person. How Blessed your three daughters are to have such beautiful and loving parents. I thank you both for sharing your lives with us. May Our Lord continue to Bless you both, may He continue to hold both of you in His loving hands.

With warmest wishes,
Roy