He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Friday, December 16, 2011

Urgent Advocacy Opportunity

I copy and pasted the below email and message from a good friend of mine in Paducah.  One of our volunteers has a meeting set up with Senator McConnell's office next Monday.  I just called the office to express my support of this legislation, it took less than a minute.  Below, you'll find the number to call, exactly what to say.  I just called and it was easy, they'll take your address down after you are done.  You won't have to answer questions so don't be afraid of having to do more than reading your spiel.  You can talk with the person that answers the phone and go right into what you are supposed to say.  Obviously, we need a number of people to call to make an impact so please take one minute out of your day if you can.  To make the biggest impact, we need to call today or Monday.  Here's Carol's email to me below:


We URGENTLY need OUR ADVOCATE/VOLUNTEERS to TAKE ACTION!!!! We are calling Senator Mitch McConnell's office (502) 582-6304 in Louisville Kentucky on Friday 12/16 or Monday 12/19


To update you on the Senate: Right now we have 42cosponsors ...... we need 8 more to have half of the Senate.



On Monday 12/19 @ 11:15AM Jason Chambers will be meeting with Terry Carmack (State Director) We would like to have as many calls go through that office in support S.362 and Jason's efforts. PLEASE call on either Friday 12/16 or on Monday 12/19 during business hours



Hello, my name is _______ from ______, KY and I'm calling to ask Senator McConnell to co-sponsor S. 362, the Pancreatic Cancer Research and Education Act. I'm aware that Jason Chambers will be/is meeting with Terry Carmack on Monday to discuss this life saving legislation and I want to add my voice with Jason's in urging the Senator to join our call to the NCI to create a strategic plan to make real progress in the fight against pancreatic cancer - the most under-funded, most deadly and least known of the top cancer killers - one that hasn't seen significant progress in the 40 years the NCI has existed. This cause is important to me, and as his constituent, I ask for Senator McConnell's support.




Be firm, but respectful. We will not take NO for an answer. You may share your story or why you are asking....but keep it brief.



After you make you call please email me and let me know if any comments you receive.



PLEASE make this viral to ANYONE in the State of Kentucky (Family, friends, colleagues). This call could be the call to finally get a Kentucky Senator on board as a cosponsor of the Pancreatic Cancer Research & Education Act. S.362





Thank you for your support and for everything that you do in this fight.



Sincerely,

Carol
--


Carol Foreman LPN, Volunteer

Community Representative -Western Kentucky

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
270-217-2328





3 comments:

Virginia Schulte said...

I'll be calling on Monday.

Rick Blair said...

Craig and Michelle,

You and your three angles are in my prayers this week. I pray that this is the most Blessed Christmas for all of you. My usual Christmas blessing is "I pray that you receive all that you need, but not all that you want so that you will still know the need for God." You already know the need for God.This year my prayer for you is simply for a Christmas Miracle. God Love and Bless you.

Carrie Sterling said...

Phone call done. I hope and pray Sen. McConnell steps up to the plate here!