He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Santa, Cheerleaders, Talking Mouse, God, Deck & Banana Berry

This is what I did this weekend. It was jampacked, I survived and had a good time. Friday night we made it to Light Up the Summit which has been an annual trip with friends for maybe the past 5 years now. We got a family picture taken with Santa Clause. The girls, all 3 of them, asked Santa for a Barbie SUV that they all can fit in and drive. I'm thinking Santa will pull through for the fam this year and deliver their request. I was too excited to see him myself and I forgot to ask him for a new pancreas. On Saturday, we made it to the UofL game and got to move down to the good seats where my cousins have tickets in the front row of the crunch zone. We made it as a family minus Hannah who hung with Mimi for the afternoon. The girls loved sitting right in front of the cheerleaders which was their main attraction. Emily spent most of the game doing her cheerleader which was standing on my legs and doing her Cards cheer (which wasn't easy because Michelle has already brainwashed her the other way) and then jumping in the air while I caught her. Emily and Morgan both got to get high fives from the Cardinal Bird which was pretty cool. UofL lost but I don't sweat the outcome as much as I used to; they need to beat Rutgers next week though. Saturday evening was Emily and me going to Chuckie Cheese to celebrate my niece Ashleigh's birthday. We were there for 2.5 hours eating and mostly playing games. Emily had a blast with her cousins which was enough to get me through the evening. She turned her tickets in at the end of the night for Pop Rocks candy which she hasn't tried before. Sunday morning was the family trip to church. The sermon today was written directly to us or at least it seemed. I think we'll have a different post regarding this topic. Sunday afternoon was receiving a visit from a couple of friends that actually decided to live in Lexington after UK rather than come back to the big city. Josh and Kelly did bring me a cool new Bears shirt fresh from Soldier Field last weekend (Thanks again!). This late afternoon and evening was some male bonding as Brent very graciously helped me get a start on staining my deck. Tomorrow is probably the last warm day of the year so we are going to get as far as we can. If anybody is not working tomorrow and needs something to do, give me a shout :) The evening is concluding with a run to Graeters to try their real fruit smoothies. I endorse trying the Banana Berry. I will tell you the secret that it is made with a handful of real strawberries, a whole banana minus the peel and strawberry sorbet. I have been excited to feeling "up" for all of these things this weekend and it was definitely a success. I still have 9 whole days before the next treatment so I'm going to keep on moving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great weekend!! And your right, the banana berry smoothie is Awesome!!!
Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Wow, Craig! I'm worn out just hearing about your weekend! Busy family. (glad to hear that Michelle has the girls brainwashed regarding UofL)! It was great seeing you Thursday at BNI - we miss your happy face! Take care and know that literally hundreds of people are thinking about and praying for you and your wonderful family! Sincerely, Debbie H.

Rick Blair said...

Craig,

I always enjoyed sitting in front of the cheerleaders, also. Glad you had a good weekend and that the next treatment will be after Thanksgiving. It sounds like nothing is slowing you down. Keep it up. I can put together a workout any time you want it.

Margy and I will be fortunate to have our Rick and Mark (Chicago and Cincinnati)home for the weekend. We have 2 1/2 granddaughters and(2 and 3 years old), so we get to experience that age again.

Eat like you did at St. X this Thursday.

Rick Blair

KristenDeSanctis said...

Craig, you had a busier weekend than us and I thought we were busy. :) Glad you got out to do some fun things with Michelle and the girls. We were so excited to have you and Emily come join us at Chuck E. Cheese. Ashleigh loved playing with her cousin and we really enjoyed visiting with you. Thanks for braving that place! Looking forward to spending turkey day with all of you!