He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Good Weekend

It has been a good weekend. It's been day and night when compared to the days after the treatment. I drove a car for the first time in a month since I drove myself to the hospital back on Oct 4th. I've been off all meds the last few days which has allowed me to drive. I've probably felt better the last few days since this all started to go down. Things will change Wednesday but I take a lot of comfort knowing I've got good days ahead of me. I still have discomfort in my upper abdomen that stays pretty steady. It can be hard sleeping at times as I can really only sleep on my back and be comfortable without the pain. I still get tired if I do a whole lot. I was able to finish my coaching duties for Morgan's last soccer game on Saturday morning. Coaching is basically running around the field and keeping the 3 year olds running in the right direction. I loved being the coach and was only able to "coach" in a few games. Michelle and I got to have date night on Saturday evening which consisted of church and a dinner at PF Changs with the Breit's. Today I got to hang out with friends and watch the Bears win another game. I am happy right now and 100% positive and am thoroughly enjoying these "feel good" days. I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself right now but my attitude has a hardly a doubt I can beat this. I expect to beat this. I am relieved to know I have time to build myself up for these treatments. I feel like my body is building itself back up as this was a major concern of mine. I don't have a whole lot scheduled for the next 2 days. I will try to eat as much as possible to get some meat back on me before I have to starve for a few days. I got a book at church Saturday that I can read and get myself mentally ready for the treatment as well. It's titled 5 Minutes in the Bible for Men. My reading attention span isn't always the best and this book will allow me to take some rich application that I can apply to my situation now. I do a lot of praying after the treatment and a lot of of it has to do with keeping things down. Sorry for the honesty. I realize these horrible drugs are going to hopefully save my life so I do my best to keep things in perspective. Again, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers out there, we're taking them.

3 comments:

Darrell Bramer said...

Know that the prayers continue over here from across the street. If you guys are wanting a date night and don't have someone to watch the kiddos please let us know. Also Craig, depending on how you are feeling, we have 'sporadically' gotten together for Monday Night Football - maybe you can make one. Anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask.

Anonymous said...

Craig, glad to hear you had a good weekend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am a great babysitter and a heck of a house cleaner/laundry (not much on cooking though). Thanks to Michelle for keeping us updated with the Merimee's journey. You both are remarkable. Stay strong and take care. Karen

The Dant's said...

So glad to see you out there coaching on Saturday! The team definately needed you (especially since your assistant is not a fan of the sport!)You are great with the kids and we hope you will be ready to do it again in the spring! - Scott&Liz