He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hidden Valley Ranch with a side of Ranch dip

Many people have asked if they could do dinners. We have an amazing friend, Janelle Richardson, that volunteered on day 2 to coordinate meals. I don't think that she knew what she was getting into when she took the title VP of dinners.
Anyway she has us set up on a website http://www.takethemameal.com/. name: merimee password: uk

We have been so blessed with so many friends wanting to help out. This has been such a load off. Here's the thing my kids don't eat a lot. For example, Morgan had four carrots the other night for dinner, yes four carrots. Of course, that is ridiculous but Dr. Phil says that if you do food battles then it can lead to eating disorders. (insert sarcastic font here). Anyway my point is don't feel like you have to do an elaborate meal. They are not use to that b/c I am no master chef by any stretch. We eat a lot of veggies dipped in Ranch, (Morgan dips everything in ranch dressing hence the title of this post.) salads, baked chicken, easy pastas. Keep it simply.
At a later date we may visit a nutritionist for Craig to see what are some easy to digest food that will pack the pounds that he has lost. More on that when we get around to it.

Thanks for the support and all the prayers. We couldn't do this without the support system that we have. 

3 comments:

Mindy Hutchins said...

Funny. Mae only gets veggies through Mott's Medley juice and in tomato sauce :) She also thinks everything needs a dip, I have to admit she gets that from me!

Unknown said...

It's the least I can do. You all are like family to us!

Rick Blair said...

Craig,

This is Coach Blair. Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Please, if there is anything I can do for you - just email me at school - blairr@saintxfac.com