He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Friday, November 19, 2010

back in scriptures

When I did talk with Dr. Hamm yesterday he said they will do a CT scan before the 4th treatment in December. And they will pull tumor marker numbers at the next treatment on the 30th. I still don't understand what a tumor marker is but I guess I will ask on the 30th rather than searching the internet.

After days of looking for answers that I really don't want to hear (I guess) I am back in the scriptures. After not getting the answers I wanted on the internet and from the oncologist office I am going back to God. His answers seem so vague right now. I guess I need to just keep asking and keep talking.

Scriptures of consistent hope and love should be good enough but with an anxious heart looking for guarantees nothing seems to be enough. God is the only guarantee that I have. He will be there. That should be enough but I selfishly want a guarantee that I will have a husband and dad for my kids.

Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

Do not fear...do not let your hands hang limp. The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:16-17

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9 

No comments: