He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tough Day Again

Good news, I have not gotten sick which was a big worry of mine.  I'm a little fraile and I'm worried if I get sick, I'm going to end back up in the ER needing fluids.  I was however very worn down today and had to take multiple naps.  We upped some of my pain meds in the last day to try and curb having to take pain meds so often but I'm worried that was the cause of making me extremely drowsy.  We also took so many pre meds before yesterday's treatment and I'm worried that is what knocked me out more.  I just have a lot of worries, I'm by in large, more unhappy and not feeling well through the day which makes me question going through these treatments.  We are at such a crossroads.  I haven't been able to enjoy my family the last few days and I'm not sure what tomorrow will look like.  I'm not feeling up to work and that is a another big decision that is looming on me.  Lots and lots of big decisions are made right now.  Please pray for direction.  Please also wrap your prayers around my girls.  I so much want to protect them but I feel I'm limited with what I can do.  We'll follow up again here shortly, it's late and I'm tired.

I did get to do one thing cool today.  Michelle and my-drowsy-self made it to J Staples Jewelry today to check one thing off my "get things in order" check list.  I'm getting my little ones each a nice diamond necklace that will be given to them down the road very possibly as a wedding present.  If you want to get me teared up in about two seconds, I think the quickest way to do that is to remind me I can't walk my daughters down the aisle.  The first thing I thought of when I held each one as a baby for the first time was how proud I'd be walking them down the aisle. I even the had the daddy-daughter songs picked out from day one.  I'm done for the night, good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite Christmas movie is “It’s a Wonderful Life”. The basis of the movie is how one person’s life can make such a difference.

Most of us live a pretty average life: work, eat, sleep, etc. We sometimes wonder what kind of a difference we’ve made to others. What will our legacy be? Will our lives have made a difference to anyone? Craig, your life truly has. Of course, as a parent our legacy will always be our children. But you’ve made a difference to a tremendous amount of people, some who’ve never even met you. Through your blog you’ve given the world an inside view of dealing with cancer and yet maintaining your unfailing trust in the Lord. The Bible promises that God will not leave you nor forsake you. The Holy Spirit walks with you. Step by step. Just as He walks with Michelle. Your courage and bravery is humbling and a powerful, wonderful witness. A wonderful life.

Sarah (Rice) Sbertoli said...

Craig and Michelle, I prayed for you and your family today and will continue to pray. You have been in my thoughts throughout this unimaginable journey. M - I've always been interested in hearing about you, the girls, and life when I haven't been able to make it to small DG get togethers (or big ones when Andrea is in town :) ) ..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13

Sarah (Rice) Sbertoli said...

Craig and Michelle, I prayed for you and your family today and will continue to pray. You have been in my thoughts throughout this unimaginable journey. M - I've always been interested in hearing about you, the girls, and life when I haven't been able to make it to small DG get togethers (or big ones when Andrea is in town :) ) ..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13