He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Thursday, February 23, 2012

the unknown and the ugly


Craig's hospice nurse came today. We discussed Craig's current health status, additional side effects as well as his goals and wishes.
I'm not going into too many details here today b/c there is no need and I am extremely emotionally right now and this post could get ugly really quickly.
Bottom-line is we are dealing with some ugly stuff and she would put Craig's life expectancy in the category of "weeks to maybe a couple months". The Tuesday before Thanksgiving Dr. Hamm said one month to three months. But with him being so young his body may take a while to give-in and as time goes on this could get uglier. We are in the unknown and the ugly. Period.

6 comments:

Meagan Sisk said...

thinking of you all...

Anonymous said...

Lifting you up in prayer always.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Don't have anything stellar to say, other than you're in my heart; ALL of you. Sending you hugs. Keep the faith.

Jenny

Jane said...

Praying for a peace that passes understanding... and love that transcends even the ugly. You will make it through by God's grace. Know that you have an army of believers holding you all before the throne. Praying... Jane

KentuckyDG17 said...

Praying for you all. May you be infused with God's strength and comfort and love. ITB
Kristin Keith

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Ever since I first saw the blog link on Facebook, I've been following it. I know I haven't seen you in a few years, but I just wanted to tell you that your family has been in my thoughts and prayers since I first started reading. I promise I won't stop the prayers for the Merimee's.
- Laurie (Yates) Hohmann