He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day continued...

Valentines Day from my account today:
6am, phone rang, it was the automated message from Oldham County Schools letting us know schools were on 2 hour delay which was a pleasant surprise, no huge rushing around for the majority of the morning for Michelle and the girls.
7:30, Emily worried that Michelle overslept becuase the sun was coming up and that wasn't normal so she got herself out of bed, got dressed by herself and came in to wake up Michelle.  I thought it was sweet she let mom have those extra few minutes to sleep in.
7:45 The girls were up and were surprised by their V-Day presents.  I was up a few minutes later and enjoyed breakfast with them.  Michelle got them ready and off to school and I was back in bed by 8:15 asleep soon after
11:30 I yelled from the room after waking up, you still want to go to lunch.  Looking back, that's not the most romantic thing to yell but I think she knew it was genuine because I have a hard to getting back up before noon.  I asked her the evening before if I could try and treat her to lunch.
12:15 Lunch at Chili's, it was something easy and more about being with each other.  I was pleased we made it out together and we cherish the time even though I'm so tired and uncomfortable.
1:30  Back at home and I've slipped into something comfortable...sweat pants and a long sleeve tshirt; I was back in bed asleep, Michelle spent quality time with the girls and learned about their parties at school
5:30  I was woken up for dinner time, Michelle made a heart shaped pizza for dinner and the girls enjoyed it.
6:15 Spent some quality time with the girls watching a movie and learning about their day, I was back in bed around 7 for some rest, the girls wear me out
9:00 Watching the Duggars new episode with the Michelle
I share this to shed some light on our day to day.  It's not pretty, it's the norm though unfortunately.  I've been in increased the pain the last few days and to put it bluntly, my liver hurts.  It hurts to sneeze, belch, take a deep breath, and those are harsh pains.  It's dull but consistently hurts around the clock.  We meet with the nurse tomorrow and may change up some of the pain meds.  My issue is I take pain meds so regularly that I think that takes a toll on my liver so it's hard to imagine increasing that.  Things are unfortunately getting worse and I've got that bad feeling.  I'm still optimistic I may bounce back some here soon.  Anyways, we'll continue to take one day at a time and thank God for each living day and let Him drive the ship.  I pray for as little ugliness as possible throughout the next weeks/months.  We are excited to have some of Michelle's family come to town this weekend including the beloved Uncle Brad.  Let's hope it a good one and we get to enjoy Morgan's birthday weekend and week next week.

1 comment:

Lavin said...

Craig and Michelle, you and your family are always in mine and our families' prayers - we pray for you daily. Right now I pray for a bit more time so Morgan can enjoy her birthday with you, and I also pray for your pain to be lessened as much as possible. It is so hard from an outsider's perspective to know that you are in pain, and to know that Michelle and the girls are seeing you go through the pain, so I can't imagine being in their shoes and living it firsthand. So, I also pray for strength for everyone in your family and for grace and peace. I pray that me and all of us close to you will know how and when to help you when you need it most. I know that Jesus is carrying you all right now through this difficult time and I echo Jenny's comment from the other day that your support group of people praying for you extends VERY far! I love you all!