He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, May 22, 2011

11th Place

I'm a little competitive sometimes.  Our team, Hope in Louisville, is currently in 11th place in raising funds for the PC Walk.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, see my previous posts.  There are 54 teams registered so far so 11th isn't bad but I'd like to be in the top 5 come June 25th.

http://pancan.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=463226&supid=325728367

We had a very good weekend.  There wasn't a lot going on so we got out the new waterslide and the girls had a ball.  I'm completely enjoying my chemo break right now and have gotten a lot of strength back.  I'm able to swing the girls and hang them upside down, whatever they want.  I missed those days.  I started a program this past week at the YMCA.  They have a Livestrong sponsored program that is free for cancer survivors to help them gain some strength back.  I have access to a professional trainer that works with me a couple days a week.  I've been lifting weights and hitting the treadmill.  I'm trying to gain weight so I've been mostly focused on the weights.  In the last month I've put on some weight and I'm up to a hefty 150 lbs.  I'm quite proud.  My Y program lasts 12 weeks.  My next CT scan is in 2 weeks.

So far I'm on a roll with answered prayers.  I prayed hard for 6 months that come spring/summer, I a) wanted to be alive and b) that I'd be able to enjoy time with my family.  We promised we'd give God the glory if he'd help us out and he's taken good care of us.  I don't know what he has in store next but no matter what, He's there to give us strength.  God bless.

No comments: