He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dilaudid

My pain medicine has become a very good friend of mine.  Thursday's treatment went pretty good.  I walked out of the treatment feeling better by far than I ever have after a treatment.  I wasn't sick or worn out.  I had a fun 3 hour trip back with Jason.  I got home and hung out with the wife for about 2 hours before I went to bed around 11.  Friday morning got off to a good start but later that morning, my stomach turned upside down on me and I'm still recovering.  It's frustrating, not sure if it's the treatment or the cancer.  I've been taking the pain meds around the clock and starting yesterday, I've been double dosing and hitting it every 4 hours.  I set the alarm last night to take it at 3am.  I really hurt in the night if I just try to sleep as long as I can.  The pain has been very uncomfortable.  Friday I got about 3-4 hours in the afternoon of limited feeling of the pain and got to go to Vanguard's trunk or treat and watched Hannah and Morgan go around for their first round of candy.  We wanted to go out to dinner as a family bit I nixed that after my stomach couldn't be settled again. The feeling is a constant knot that won't go away.  I didn't get to sleep much Friday night.  I was crossing my fingers on Saturday that things would turn around but I had to unfortunately bail on the trip to Lexington.  Michelle's family always gets together for one UK football game and we all go up and do the all day tailgate the right way and take in a game.  We take the girls as well and show them the campus and they always have a ball.  I stayed home and Michelle, Emily and Morgan made the trip up.  Michelle's mom took care of Hannah for the day and she treated her to some toy store action and Barnes and Noble for a new book.  I was bummed about not going but did have a few friends come over and visit.  My friend Scott was dropped off who was doped up on percocets from his shoulder surgery and I was doped up on my dilaudid, kind of funny.  Anyway, I've been double dosing and had a pretty good day today.  I got to go to church, visit with Brad (brother in law) who was in from Chicago, took a nap and felt well enough to allow Michelle to get out and have some time to herself and me and the girls played Candyland, Sorry and played outside for a good 2 hours.  We got to carve our pumpkin this evening as a family which is always messy and fun.  Anyways, this pain is annoying and I want it to go away.  The double doing makes me a little more tired but I've been able to function all day (nap helped).  I'll have another treatment this week and Brent Bohannon will be this week's wing man.  I'm going to try to go to work tomorrow and I'm hoping for a good Halloween.  Emily will be a 50's girl (pink poodle skirt is cute), Morgan will be Rapunzel and will be sporting 30 inches of hair extension and Hannah will be our little ladybug.

Tuesday is the Oldham County proclamation day.  I will be getting more details tomorrow and will pass those along on the blog because people have been asking.  Judge-Executive Voegele will be issuing an Official Proclamation recognizing November as Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month for Oldham County.  He'll present it to me and then I'm going to give a short presentation on some not so fun facts about pancreatic cancer.  Purple is our color by the way.  If you've got time available, you are welcome to join.  I do know the governement meeting starts at 2pm and is located on the 2nd floor of the Oldham County Clerk's building in LaGrange.

No comments: