He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Thursday, September 1, 2011

thankful thursday

As promised today is thankful Thursday. This has been a really emotional week so I can't say this is going to be your typical Thankful Thursday post.
In the midst of the emotions I did get a lot done this week both at work and at home. I won't bore you with the work details. We got new carpet in the girls rooms and down the stairs to the basement. Long over due and I am glad it was complete.

Sunday one of Emily and Morgan's friends from Vanguard dropped off dinner and with it came a dozen roses of all different colors. Totally brighten our day. The girls wanted to play "wedding" with them. They still look very pretty and make me smile every time I see them. We are so blessed with the dinners that come in around treatment days. I think we would be eating a lot of cereal some days if those dinners didn't come in. A lot of nights around treatment days I am spent so not having to put together dinner is a huge relief.

I am incredibly thankful for my two best friends from high school, Gwen and Janelle and their husbands. It seems silly to even just call them friends. They are more like family than friends. They are always willing to listen and they are always there to hear even the toughest things to hear. They never judge and they are always on my side. God knew what he was doing when he put us together. I will probably be working for the rest of my life to repay them for their incredible friendship and I look forward to it. :) love you.

We have a wonderfully busy weekend to look forward to. My cousin, Kristy, is getting married on Saturday. Emily is a flower girl and Morgan is a program attendant or as she calls it a door holder. We are looking forward to spending the weekend with extended family. I hope Hannah behaves herself in church. This should be interesting.

So that is about all that I have for thankful Thursday.

I read today's devotional in the book "Jesus Calling" September 1st: Seek me with your whole being. I desire to be found by you, and orchestrate the events of your life with that purpose in mind. When things go well you are blessed, you can feel Me smiling on you. When you encounter rough patches along your life-journey, trust that My light is still shining upon you. My reasons for allowing these adversities may be shrouded in mystery, but My continual Presence with you is an absolute promise. Seek Me in good times; seek Me in hard times. You will find Me watching over you all the time.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.

No comments: