He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, January 22, 2012

What a great weekend!!

Saturday Emily, Morgan and I were off to art therapy at Norton. They are doing great things with Dr. Estes and we are very grateful they have that outlet for them. It has been especially beneficial to Morgan. She is more creative than verbal so it is a great safe place for her to release some of the thing that swarm around her head. Last week Emily drew two snowmen and Dr. Estes asked if they were happy or sad and she said that where happy b/c they still had each other. She loves whatever times she can spend with Craig. Monday she had MLK holiday day off of school and her and Craig watched movies until late in the afternoon. Two peas in a pod.

Saturday evening we celebrated Craig's birthday with great friends at Martini's. I think as a group we sampled most of the martini menu. I stuck with my old favorite the lemon drop martini while others ventured down the left side of the menu (no names needed - you know who you are). Good times. Loud but really fun! It was fantastic to get to see everyone and spend some time just having fun. Most of our friends have small kids like us so when you get a babysitter and make a night of it you make the most of it... and we did!


great friends, great food, great martinis, great date.

So we are taking one day at a time, some times it is just one hour at a time, some times it is one great date night at a time. We are so thankful for our close friends who are strong enough to simply go out and have a good time!
Cheers!

2 comments:

KentuckyDG17 said...

I am so glad you all had a wonderful weekend. I am currently in the 7th day of a fast at my church. We are doing a 21 day fast and we have a devotional to go along with it. Tonight it was Psalm 91 and I couldn't help but think of you and Craig. How God is our strength, our refuge. Verse 2 says: "I declare this about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him." New Living Translation.
It goes on to talk about protection from diseases. My first thought was, "But Craig and Michelle haven't been protected!?" But then I realized just how much you have. Every entry I read I continue to be in awe of your Faith, Trust, and Love in our heavenly Father, when you could have chosen to turn your back on God you didn't. God protected you from that and you have trusted that this situation has a greater purpose- I thank you for that. You are both true Disciples of Christ. The world is in desperate need of as many disciples as possible. Thank you for being willing to disciple people through sharing your experiences. Know you are greatly loved and prayed for often.
Love in Christ and ITB,
Kristin Keith

Rick Blair said...

Craig,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and congratulations.

Michele

I love the two snowmen picture you write about.