He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Best 4 months

I've said it before but during the dog days of December and January when I was getting the snot kicked out of me, I prayed hard and desperately asked for an end to the treatment and some sort of return to normalcy so I could enjoy me my family and enjoy all the fun things that come with summer.  My last treatment was April 12.  The last 4 months have been an absolute blessing.  I should be extremely saddened I've got to go back on treatments but the best the best word to describe my attitude right now is grateful.  I haven't taken a day for granted this summer.  I knew and was mentally prepared this day of pending treaments would come.  In all honesty, I'm fortunate the news waited until after I got everything crossed off my list for the summer.  We had a very fun filled summer including the beach and Holiday World and birthday parties and a trip to Indianapolis and the pool and just tons of fun.  I'm mentally in a good rejuvenated place.  I'm in shape and ready for the next round.  I'd rather not have to do it but I know I do and I'm ready to stand my ground and not let this defeat me. 
OK, I do have some concerns but I'm feeling positive this hour so I'm going to try and run with that the rest of this evening before the mood changes.
Pray big for me and the fam this week please.  I'm really hoping I'm able to live while doing treatments rather than just surviving.  I really hope my awesome wife and beautiful kids can live "life" as well and me be a part of it.

No comments: