He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Go Cats!

Big win for the Cats today!  I'm able to enjoy the games.  They are kind of an escape from the real world.  It makes you believe for the 2 hours that they are on that college basketball is really important.  Everytime my alma mater wins, I get to escape again for another 2 hours.  Hopefully I'll get 4 hours next weekend.  I admire the heck out of Butler's and VCU's coaches, being 34 and 33 years old and being on top of the world.  This whole tournament has been fun to watch.  It really sets up well for UK but I'm sure Kansas thought it set up well for them, man did they choke.  One of my favorite days of the year is when Duke gets knocked out of the tournament and I'm glad I stayed up to watch that one the other night; no going to bed even when Duke was down by double digits late in the game.  Keeping with the escape theme, baseball opens up this week and I think this is the year for the Cubs.  They are currently tied for first in their division right now, we'll see if they can keep the lead.
Back to the real world now, I've got treatment #11 on Tuesday.  I'm starting to sense some real accomplishment with getting this far with this treatment.  The more I'm learning from doctors and from fellow fighters that I've met in different ends of the country, this treatment is hard to complete and probably more often than not is actually completed.  The side effects usually derail things.  I've been able to stay on the schedule of having the treatment every 2 weeks except once I had to postpone a treatment a week.  As a caveat, I hope I can finish it.  My feet have have had a permanent tingle in the them for this week meaning my nerves are close to being shot in my feet.  It's a line I'm worried about crossing because I'd rather be able to walk.  We'll see what the doctor says on Tuesday before we start the treatment.  I want to finish the treatment because its working but I have to be careful.  Not much else to report.  I have another appointment for a 3rd opinion scheduled the 1st week of April with Dr. Sharma.  He's the head of the GI department at the James Graham Brown Center down at UofL so he'll be a valuable opinion.  Other than that, I'm generally feeling really good.
As always, I'd like to thank God for giving me the good week and my praise goes to Him.

1 comment:

Rick Blair said...

Craig,

My alma mater is a national champion today and I hope your CATS can add another title to the state.

I pray that your treatment can be safely and successfully completed this week. Your concern about the tingle in your feet reminded of the prayer, Footprints this morning.

God Bless