He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What is a tornado made up of?

Emmy and I were in the car on the way to Michael's to get some art and crafts project for the summertime on Saturday.
Heading down Chamberlain Lane and Emily ask what is a tornado made out of?
Me: wind, you know when you make lemonade and you stir it up, it swirls around (talking with my hands while driving - not a good idea) that is like a tornado but it is lemonade. When it is a tornado then the wind swirls around.
Em: But where does it comes from?
(side note: why don't they ask these question when we are home and I can google the answers. I was thinking she wanted to know about the weather facts)
Me: I don't know.
Em: I think it is God since He makes everything.
Me: I am not sure. God does create everything but He doesn't like when we are hurting and tornadoes can hurt a lot of people and destroy a lot. BUT I do know that when bad things happen like tornadoes people pull together and God does like that.
Em: Like when all our friends helped us out when Daddy was going through chemo?
Me: Yes!

She gets it!!

2 comments:

Mindy Hutchins said...

Here I sit, at my office, tearing up from such sweet words. Children understand better than us sometimes. Now I need to straighten up before I get weird looks from people. No one wants to see someone in HR crying.

Anonymous said...

Mindy don't feel bad, I am sitting here with tears and goosebumps:) Children are a precious gift from God and boy they do understand far more than we give them credit for! Michelle and Craig she doesn't just know this stuff, it means that you are helping to instill it into her heart and mind...great work!