He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Monday, June 13, 2011

2 more weeks to PurpleStride in Indy

I'm making my last push to PurpleStride in Indy which is in less than 2 weeks on June 25th.  We've done an awesome job of fundraising so far.  Currently, our fundraising team, Hope in Louisville, has raised a total of $3,920.  The website keeps track of the top individuals and the top teams and here's the current standings:
Teams:
1. Team Nicolet $4,295
2. Peregrine's Posse $4,100
3. Hope in Louisville $3,920

Individuals:
1. M. Clements $3,005
2. Craig Merimee $2,785

I am being a little competitive but I'd love for us to get recognized at the event as the top fundraisers.  If you haven't donated yet, all I ask is please consider donating or joining our team.  We are so close to winning this thing.  Obviously, the more important reason is we need funds to help with research for pancreatic cancer.  Here's the link to a past post in case you missed it that tells what we are up against with pancreatic cancer:
http://merimeejourney.blogspot.com/2011/05/purple-stride-indianapolis.html

The link to my donation page is:
http://pancan.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=463226&supid=325728367

Thanks everyone for their support and your support over the next 2 weeks.

On the homefront, work is going good and I'm physically doing good.  I've thankfully gained a little weight and I can tell big time looking at some past pictures from around Christmas time.  I think going back to work and keeping busy has actually given me more energy.  I'm not stuggling to make it through the day.  I have enjoyed feeling like an adult again and I like to make adult decisions.  Keeping busy also helps me not to think about cancer.  I'll occassionally go an hour these days without remembering I'm sick.  Those hour time frames are great, I'm not worried about anything.  Reality soon comes back but I'll take the good hours.  It used to be 5 minute intervals I could go without reality.  I am so happy to be enjoying my summer.  We have got tons going on and I simply did not have time to do chemo.  We've got Hannah's 1st birthday this week.  We've got Indy next weekend which includes a trip to the Children's Museum up there and a hotel with a pool for the kids to swim together.  We've got 4th of July and my nephew's birthday party.  We've got a weekend trip to Holiday World coming up.  All of this is before our annual trip to Hilton Head.  I feel so blessed and lucky to have this summer.  I prayed hard for this when I was I was trying to stay above water during treatments.  Looking back, those 6-7 months were a very dark time for me that I'd just prefer to forget.  I've got to give praise to God for being there for me.  He always has.  I trust He knows what he is doing.  Take care and God bless!

No comments: